If there is a requirement to produce output from an application into Excel, you would probably create a CSV (Comma Separated File) with the data and start Excel to show the data - at least that's what I did...until now. The drawback of this solution is that you could only produce data and no nice layout. But Excel is also capable of opening HTML-files and using this you could create Excel files with data and magnificent layout! Let me give an example: 1. Create a procedure to show the data in formatted in an HTML table. CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE display_emp_list IS v_emp_count NUMBER(5); v_empno NUMBER(8); v_ename VARCHAR2(50); v_job emp.job%TYPE; v_sal emp.sal%TYPE; v_bg_color VARCHAR2(10) := ''; CURSOR c_emp IS SELECT empno, initcap(ename), job, sal FROM emp ORDER BY ename; BEGIN SELECT COUNT(*) INTO v_emp_count FROM emp; owa_util.mime_header('application/ms-excel', FALSE); htp.p('Content...
Comments
Am I missing something as I don't seem to be able to change the code anywhere to allow it to bring in the feed from my twitter page? All I can see the posts from the APex Group?
Thanks in advance
Mark.
You can create an additional region (named P4_TWITTER_SEARCH in the example) and reference that when you use the plug in in the field "Search for field". You can enter &P4_TWITTER_SEARCH. there - so it will search for the contents of P4_TWITTER_SEARCH - (or a fixed tekst if you like).
Thank You. I realised the search box info, just after I posted the message. I didn't want the search box to show to our users and realised that I could edit the plug-in code in the line:
apex_application_page_regions.attribute_03%type := nvl(p_region.attribute_03,'APEX Plugin');
and edit the "Apex Plugin" bit to reflect the default twitter account it uses.
Anyway, it's really good and thank you for your fast response.
Mark.