A good conference needs a good time for preparation. An awesome conference .... needs even more time. So that's why we need your abstracts a.s.a.p. After the close every member of the review committee will go over every abstract and will give it a rating and a comment. When that's all done, the committee will have a number of (virtual) meetings to select the best abstracts and create the stunning program you expect from Kscope. And last but not least the schedule for the event has to be created where everything falls into it's place ... So we really do need some time after October 15!
But what are we looking for - and this only applies to the Oracle Application Express track as every track has it's own "wish list"...you can see that when you enter your abstract in the Sub Category field. We split it up into these six:
- Integration: We often see that it is not "just APEX" out there. As APEX is an open framework it can be integrated with a lot of different technologies: AngularJS, NodeJS, ORDS, MySQL, NoSQL, EBS, Sharepoint, Web services, etc, etc. This integration can be on the front end / browser side or on the back end / database side. It doesn't matter. If you have something to share where APEX is used in combination with any other technology or tool. This is your subcategory.
- New Release: With APEX5 lurking somewhere around the corner - and it is pretty save to assume it will be production at Kscope15 ;-) - it is time to share your ideas, thoughts, experiences with this New Release. Did you build your own Universal Theme? Please show it! Did you discover features that boosted your productivity? This is your chance to share it. So everything that's related to specific APEX 5.x features should go into this subcategory.
- Real World: How is APEX used within your company? By your clients? We want to hear stories from the real world. Maybe not cutting edge technology - but therefore even more valuable to the audience as they can use it immediately when they get home. Did you built a 3,000 page application? We want to hear about it! Did you built a 5 page application that is used by 10,000 people? We want to know that as well. And everything in between.
- Detail Plunge: You might be familiar with the Deep Dive sessions at previous Kscope's. A specific subject covered to every little detail for two or three hours. For Kscope15 we came up with the idea of a Detail Plunge: similar but way shorter Just grab your most favourite small piece of APEX and tell us all about it! Do you know everything about Interactive Reports? This is your chance to share that knowledge. Totally enthusiastic about web services or XML? Come up and tell! So it isn't a broad subject, but it should be deep ...
- Other: For everything that doesn't fall into one of the other categories. That doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile. Absolutely not! That just might mean we missed a very good subject... So don't hesitate to categorise your abstract as such.
- Hands on: There's always place for a good Hands On session. Ideas are more than welcome.
So you should submit your abstract soon .... but certainly before October 15. This is the absolute deadline. No negations possible. No exceptions ... You only have to be an ODTUG member to submit. That can be either a full member for $99,- or an associate member for ... free. But hey, it's just $99,- a year - and for that small amount you get access an awful lot of content on the ODTUG site - and there are other advantages as well, check out the ODTUG web site.
You can submit here.
See you in Hollywood, Florida!